6.05.2015

They're All My Favorites

I don't know what it is, but certain pieces make me feel a deeper connection to the craft of metal smithing.  Maybe it's the shape of a stone, or the weight of the piece in my hand when it's finished, all shiny and with the perfect oxidized patina that I crossed my fingers and hoped would turn out as I saw it in my head.  Sometimes it's just purely the appreciation that I made this thing from beginning to end with a few tools, and my hands.  The ideas come from some unknown origin of inspiration, through my brain, to my hands through my fingertips with the aid of some serious muscle strength...in the form of the excessive hammering, forging etc. that goes with metal work. I always feel a huge sense of accomplishment when I see the final piece no matter how complicated or simple the design is.

They're all my favorites...


























These and a few more in the etsy shop.
Happy Friday friends...








No comments:

Post a Comment