7.03.2013

Monday is my Sunday

My new work schedule at the "real job" leaves me with Sunday and Monday off, and I LOVE it!  Something about Monday being my Sunday is a really beautiful thing...

Here are a few beautiful things from my day off solo adventure...I took max, a backpack, and a small cooler, and drove up to the North Shore.

Before we left the house I grabbed an Apple Banana from our 
recently harvested bunch:


Max and I were beat after our first of three beach stops, so we pulled over for some Poke
at the place that always has the best on the island Kahuku Superette.  If you like fish, if you like tuna, then you'll love poke...it's kind of like the official food item of Hawaii.  If you go to a party, there's poke, if you go to the beach, you bring poke, if there's a BBQ at someones house, the park, or the beach, there's always poke.  I'm not a big drinker, but poke and beer are good friends, trust me...


We took a long walk through the neighborhood, Max met a few dog friends, and I indulged one of my favorite hobbies, checking out houses and landscaping...I don't know why but I've always love exploring different neighborhoods, daydreaming about houses, and gardens, and playing the "if it was my house" game.  When I was a kid, we would take walks around our streets at night after dinner, and my mom and I would always end up talking about the houses...


I strategically chose us a secluded spot for the rest of the afternoon.  The beaches on this part of the island get very crowded, especially in the summertime, but after six years of living here I know all the secret spots where there are very few people :)
Max and I swam for a while, he played with some kids on the beach, and then we plopped our butts in the sand and settled in for some sunset appreciation...I was so zen, and then inspiration struck, and I had to start scribbling jewelry ideas in the book I was reading!  LOVE it when that happens...It's rare that I sketch out my designs ahead of time, but when it's flowing, you gotta get that shit down on paper!


All in all a wonderful way to close out one week and start another...Sometimes a solo day is just what the Dr. ordered, I just need to listen to my inner doctor and get it done more often.  Every time I take a day like this and just drive wherever the moment takes me, I feel so revived.  I'd been feeling restless in my routine for a few weeks, so this was just the perfect remedy. 

Happy Wednesday all!  I'm finally getting a haircut with a new lady tomorrow and I'm super excited!  It's been a chore and a half to find a good haircut out here, so fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment