4.08.2011

Shaloha

Happy Friday homies far and wide...

I've coined many a phrase in my day, my friend Ashley refers to these silly often totally random sayings as Sierra-isms.  One of my favorites since moving to Hawaii is "shaloha" a combo of shalom and aloha and, since we met while traveling in Israel, this particular one is climbing to the top of her list of favorites!   It's a great combo of two words that are both used to mean hello, goodbye, and to express a feeling of love toward others...Awwwwwww isn't that sweet!


Today I spent quite a bit of time lounging on a couch in one of my favorite coffee shops with my friend Ashley who is here in the islands for a while staying with us!  It's not often that I have the luxury of hanging out there as long as I want, no plans, no timeline, just a cup of coffee, a bagel and a book...




This book in particular has come to me at the perfect time.  Sent to me by one of my besties Heather, it is not only the story of Patti Smith and Robert Maplethorpe but the story of artists living in the moment, making art, and living out their dreams through times of hunger, sickness, poverty, grief AND love!  The message is simple and parallels the link I posted yesterday about nurturing the creative, and not waiting for the "right" time to make art!  This book was actually referenced in that article, and I think it's so amazing that I found it  the same day I got the book in the mail from Heather...Thanks sister, it couldn't have come at a more perfect time!

No comments:

Post a Comment