12.13.2011

Put a Little Love in Your Heart

I just had to say that having my mom and dad here has been an amazing thing. 

The emotional rollercoaster that I have been on since my accident seems to keep rolling down it's track, determined to make me feel so many things...the good, the bad, and especially the ugly.   I have always been an emotional lady, everyone knows that about me, so you might think I would be accustomed to outbursts of tears and the semi-occaisonal bout of tearful sadness.  The emotions and feelings that have come with this story seem to come on so fast, and sometimes I honestly don't know why I feel so down...which makes it much harder to communicate how I feel when Jo asks what's wrong and how she can help.  And then just like that, after filling a few tissues with fluids, I'm back to me...a bit puffy around the eyes, but I feel much better having gotten it all out! 

Being able to spend time with mom and dad has been such a great gift, of smiles, and laughter, and I think a lot of it just has to do with a change of routine and a distraction from my discomfort.  After a solid 7 weeks of house arrest, It was a wonderful thing to drive over the mountains yesterday morning, and see the green, lush island gorgeousness!!!!  Oh, how I've missed her!

It's been a busy few days of walking more that I have in months, and getting out of the house A LOT!!!  Which is a great thing...It's quite exhausting though, and today I slept in very late, did much internet browsing, editing of jewelry photos and mini shop update.  I think I just needed to have a little extra time off my leg today, and I'm feeling better already!

Aloha Amigas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment